As we are seeing many proposals already this year with Christmas, New Year and Valentine’s Day gone, we thought we’d share the trends we’re seeing and envisage seeing for the rest of 2019.
1. Pear shaped diamonds – In fact, non-round rings in general. Pear, oval and cushion diamonds have been very popular due to people wanting less traditional cuts. Expect to see a lot more of these out-of-the-box rings for the rest of the year.
2. Gallery detailing – Sometimes, it’s the little things. Go for a beautiful hidden touch to add something special to an otherwise understated or classic ring, like an accented gallery or surprise diamond detailing—it’s the perfect way to set your ring apart from the crowd.
3. Coloured stones – There are those that are shunning the traditional Diamonds in favour of more exotic hues. Yellow Sapphires, Emeralds or Amethysts can truly show your uniqueness, whether it represents a birthstone or simply your favourite colour.
4. Yellow Gold – Maybe because of Meghan Markle’s beautiful engagement ring, yellow gold is (officially) on the rise for 2019. The lustrous metal works with both with diamonds and colourful gemstones, and complements just about every type of setting, including classic, vintage and modern.
5. Three Stone Ring – Again, possibly due to the Duchess of Sussex’s’ gorgeous piece, she might be to thank for this trend. As the name implies, a three-stone ring boasts a centre gem accented by two diamonds or gemstones on either side (said to represent a couple’s past, present and future). In 2019, we predict an updated, contemporary spin on the trend, with fancy-shaped diamonds and unique accent gemstones like baguettes, trillions and pears featuring elegant, thin bands.
6. Stacked and nested rings – It’s official: We’re obsessed with a well-curated stack of rings. Adding multiple wedding bands has become increasingly popular, and now, brands (Roseanna Croft included) are designing stunning, individual styles that have a “stacked look.” This is a trend we don’t see going away anytime soon.
7. Lab-grown diamonds are on the rise, especially with millennials. Lab-created diamonds are sustainable, eco-conscious and result in minimal environmental impact (since they don’t require mining). This is a trend we are looking forward to seeing take off in 2019 and something that we at Roseanna Croft will be offering.
If you would like a truly one of a kind engagement ring in any of these styles, with a lab-grown diamond or a coloured stone perhaps, then please fill in the contact for below and one of our designers will get back to you to arrange your initial consultation.